Easily meet OSHA safety shower & eyewash station requirements
CES Plus models are designed to heat water for emergency eyewash stations and emergency drench showers to meet OSHA requirements. The CES Plus has the same operation, capacity, and voltage ranges as the CE Plus series. It differs from the CE Plus by limiting temperature control to 60–90 °F and using a 180 °F manual-reset safety cut-off.
CES Plus 12 kW through CES Plus 36 kW units should be used solely for eyewash station applications. Depending on size, they will heat up to 7 gallons per minute by 35 °F (20 °C) and limit the output temperature to OSHA requirements. CES Plus 60 kW through CES Plus 144 kW units will meet OSHA requirements for many installations including emergency showers.
Incoming water temperature must be measured on a cold day to verify the kilowatt size needed to comply with emergency shower and eyewash requirements. Only the largest models will be sufficient for cold temperate climates. We recommend targeting 85 °F for best results. To meet regulations 60 °F must be attained. Regulations also require at least 20 gpm per minute per shower for 15 minutes to comply, plus eyewash station requirements.
C Series overview
C Series 3-phase electric tankless water heaters are designed to provide hot water for commercial and industrial use. Tankless water heaters do not store hot water as a tank water heater does, but make it on demand as it is needed. There are several major benefits of tankless water heaters over tanks because of this difference.
First, a tankless water heater never runs out of hot water. As long as it is needed, a tankless water heater will make and deliver hot water at the specified set point temperature. Second, tankless water heaters are not storing hot water, and they have no standby heat losses. This results in energy savings on the order of 20% over an electric tank. The exception is hot start tankless models like our CF Plus, but their standby heat loss is minimal when compared to the extensive surface area of a standard tank. And third, tankless water heaters are considerably smaller than a tank, saving space, and are not prone to leakage. Our electric tankless water heaters also do not need venting.
C Series common features
Fabrication & enclosures
- All machining, welding, assembly, and testing done in Sarasota, Fla.
- Each unit is tested at full and partial load amp draw to ensure measurement accuracy and proper operation
- Standard NEMA 3 enclosure is hinged and swings to the left for accessible service. All components are intuitively laid out and designed, including element replacement without removing the heat exchanger.
- NEMA 4 and NEMA 4X watertight enclosures available if required
- Unique water flow relieves air build-up for increased longevity
- Freeze protection is a standard feature
- Minimal pressure drop. See charts on website for details
- Heat exchangers and pipe connections are 316L stainless steel
- Inlet and outlet stub piping with ball valves included and pre-installed
- Lead-free brass pressure relief valve and air vent included
- ¾˝, 1˝, & 1 ¼˝ female water connection sizes depending on heating capacity
- “3i” is Stiebel Eltron’s closed loop control circuit with measurement of flow rate, inlet temperature, and outlet temperature
- The amount of energy needed to meet demand is electronically controlled so only the minimum number of elements necessary to satisfy demand are activated
- All models electronically flow activated using a vortex flow sensor available in 4 sizes, DN 10, 15, 20, 25, for customization to individual application
- Completely pre-wired with only mains power connection needed
- Printed circuit board (PCB), including triac driver, protected by Metal Oxide Varistor (MOV) against high voltage spikes from AC mains power
- Printed circuit board (PCB) optimized to provide safety for triac control
- Triac cooling accomplished with massive aluminum plate for reliability
- Four over-temperature protections
- Latent heat protection though controller software eliminates timer switch
- Each heating element protected individually with dry-mounted, manually resettable temperature/safety cut-off providing greater safety and leak risk reduction than immersed bi-metal thermostat
- Pressure sensor provides dry-fire protection on all models